Comanche Foothills Neighborhood Association (www.ComancheFoothills.org)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» C&R's HOA by-laws and rules?
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 am by Admin

» Found Reddish Tan Chiwawa
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 pm by TaniaM

» Green Waste Pickup Ongoing in December
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 9:56 am by Admin

» 6th Annual Easter Egg Hunt - Saturday April 15th, 2017
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 am by Admin

» Neighborhood Watch
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:23 am by Admin

» AUTO BURGLARY - 12500 BLOCK CANDELARIA RD NE
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 7:48 am by Admin

» AGGRAVATED ASSAULT - 12500 BLOCK CANDELARIA RD NE
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 5:49 pm by Admin

» Fraud, 2800 BLOCK PALO VERDE NE
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:38 pm by Admin

» BURGLARY/BREAKING AND ENTERING - 3500 BLOCK MOUNTAINSIDE PKWY NE
Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:36 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra

2 posters

Go down

Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra Empty Details on attempted burglary

Post  gsbrown Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:23 pm

It's a long story. I knew the owners were out of town. I saw a van sitting in the driveway with the engine idling. Whether I scared the guy off because he was tipped that I was looking at his car (my guess), he was scared by the loud noise his breaking of a window caused (the police guess), or he was returning to his car to get gloves or tools (my second guess) is indeterminate. He had broken a window but he didn't get into the house. I'll explain in more detail when I see you.
The real lesson here is to make sure your neighbors know when you are out of town. That is what saved these people from a possibly very large loss.

gsbrown

Back to top Go down

Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra Empty Re: Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra

Post  Terry Rowley Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks for sharing, great description!

I hope more people read this post and realize that knowledge is power and one of the best ways to protect ourselves and our neighbors is to share our experiences, both positive and "less than positive".

Any info on why the burglar left? Since it was 'attempted' I'm guessing nothing was taken? Did they manage to get into the house? Any property damage like broken window or did they instead attempt to pry the window open?

Terry Rowley

Back to top Go down

Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra Empty Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra

Post  gsbrown Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:30 pm

There was an attempted burglary on Camino de la Sierra north of Comanche about 12:00 noon on Thursday March 17. The burglar attempted to gain access through windows on the back of the house. He left his vehicle, a white, 8-passenger, Econoline van, with a molding strip or stripe on the side
New Mexico license plate KAH-307,
idling in the driveway. The vehicle was dusty like it was normally used on unpaved roads. The driver was an hispanic male, 20’s or 30’s, very short black hair (Zip cut), around 5’6’’ tall and medium build. The police believe he is responsible for multiple recent burglaries. If you see a vehicle and driver matching this description in the neighborhood call the police.

gsbrown

Back to top Go down

Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra Empty Re: Attempted Burlary on Camino de la Sierra

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down