Comanche Foothills Neighborhood Association (www.ComancheFoothills.org)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» C&R's HOA by-laws and rules?
Awesome discovery! EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 am by Admin

» Found Reddish Tan Chiwawa
Awesome discovery! EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 pm by TaniaM

» Green Waste Pickup Ongoing in December
Awesome discovery! EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 9:56 am by Admin

» 6th Annual Easter Egg Hunt - Saturday April 15th, 2017
Awesome discovery! EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 am by Admin

» Neighborhood Watch
Awesome discovery! EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:23 am by Admin

» AUTO BURGLARY - 12500 BLOCK CANDELARIA RD NE
Awesome discovery! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 7:48 am by Admin

» AGGRAVATED ASSAULT - 12500 BLOCK CANDELARIA RD NE
Awesome discovery! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 5:49 pm by Admin

» Fraud, 2800 BLOCK PALO VERDE NE
Awesome discovery! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:38 pm by Admin

» BURGLARY/BREAKING AND ENTERING - 3500 BLOCK MOUNTAINSIDE PKWY NE
Awesome discovery! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:36 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Awesome discovery!

2 posters

Go down

Awesome discovery! Empty Awsome Discovery

Post  Brian McKeever Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Jim,
Hope your rash gets better. Hope you can make the meeting.
Brian Very Happy

Brian McKeever

Back to top Go down

Awesome discovery! Empty Awesome discovery!

Post  Jim Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:07 pm

You might have noticed a lot of trucks painted to look like Comcast with big buckets on the rear or large dump trucks ostensibly, and otherwise, hauling loads of something heavy, or unmarked vehicles speeding up and down our streets. While walking my dogs the other day I happened upon one of the holes that have been dug to replace a broken concrete curb and discovered the top of a very long ladder that was descending into the darkness. Lashing my twin dogs to the nearest tree, I climbed down thinking I was about to discover the node vault for Comcast and why their signals have been so terribly lately. Down I went and no vault, cables, or even warning signs of what I was about to discover.

It seems that a few weeks ago a worker discovered that our neighborhood was built over a long abandoned Atlas silo left over from when Kirkland base used to be ringed by anti-Russian missiles. Even before that there must have been a large, complex cave structure used by the native inhabitants to store grain and dried rabbit (it could have been squirrel but the hind legs looked every bit like what I thought an ancient rabbit must have looked like). Deeper down I found the evidence of a large fire quite possibly the result of a mistakenly launched missile or a large multi-generational pow-wow.

Now, it takes a lot for me to be impressed but I can tell you I was shocked! I could barely hear my echo as the cave was so enormous. As my eyes became more accustomed to the dark, I could see what looked like a sign off in the distance. I groped my way over, stumbling over a skeleton of something knurly, I could make out a newly painted sign with English lettering. I was flummoxed! (I’ve always wanted to use that word but never, until now, had the chance) On it were the words, “GHSCGNA meeting this Thursday at 7pm”. I presume this was a code word left by a long forgotten people about long forgotten ideas and their solutions to the problems of their world. What an opportunity missed!

I heard my dogs barking and climbed back up just in time to send this note to you all. You all being the few that visit this site. Right now I have a developed a large red rash. You might not want to be around me for a while.

Gosh this itches….

Jim

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum