Search
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Neighborhood Assn Issue with ABQ Environmental Planning Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Neighborhood Assn Issue with ABQ Environmental Planning Meeting

Post  Admin on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 am

Below info was provided by Donald Couchman in an email to our Neighborhood Association, dated 26 Jan, 2010, regarding the ABQ Environmental Planning Commission (EPC) board and some questionable actions they recently made. The "attached item" he refers to at the beginning of his third paragraph can be viewed BY CLICKING THIS LINK.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Friends:

There have been some less than forthright actions by some members of the EPC regarding the unilateral changing of rules and meeting times. Basically, it comes down to one new member wanting to change the meeting day (to avoid a personal conflict of prior existence) and a move to have the EPC sub-committee on rules meet with so few members that it does not require a public meeting.

This group (the EPC) is probably the single entity that most strongly impacts the rest of us citizens with their actions. Clearly, all of their decisions, especially on revising rules of conduct, should be open to public scrutiny and comment. I do not believe that these questionable actions should be approved by the City Council.

The attached item, although somewhat lengthy, documents the official rejection of, and appeal to, these decisions. Two Coalitions and several neighborhood associations have already joined, by letter, in supporting this appeal. I would request that you become informed on this issue and come to our next meeting prepared to discuss my request to draft a letter supporting the noted appeal.

Best Regards,
Donald H. Couchman, President
District 8 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.ComancheFoothills.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top