Comanche Foothills Neighborhood Association (www.ComancheFoothills.org)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» C&R's HOA by-laws and rules?
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 am by Admin

» Found Reddish Tan Chiwawa
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 pm by TaniaM

» Green Waste Pickup Ongoing in December
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 9:56 am by Admin

» 6th Annual Easter Egg Hunt - Saturday April 15th, 2017
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 am by Admin

» Neighborhood Watch
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:23 am by Admin

» AUTO BURGLARY - 12500 BLOCK CANDELARIA RD NE
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 7:48 am by Admin

» AGGRAVATED ASSAULT - 12500 BLOCK CANDELARIA RD NE
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 5:49 pm by Admin

» Fraud, 2800 BLOCK PALO VERDE NE
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:38 pm by Admin

» BURGLARY/BREAKING AND ENTERING - 3500 BLOCK MOUNTAINSIDE PKWY NE
An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:36 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8

Go down

An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8 Empty An Update from Councilor Trudy Jones, Albuquerque City Council District 8

Post  Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:38 am

Hello, attached you will find an update on what is happening in District 8 from Councilor Jones. Feel free to use it in your neighborhood newsletter or on your neighborhood website if you would like.

Have a great day!

Aziza Chavez
Policy Analyst-Councilor Trudy Jones
Albuquerque City Council District 8
Phone: 768-3106
E-mail: azizachavez@cabq.gov

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for the privilege of allowing me to contribute to your neighborhood newsletter. This year is going by faster then ever and like the old saying goes, “time flies when you’re having fun!” I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and the recent rains we have been getting. There have been many things going on in the City of Albuquerque and in our own District 8 that I want to tell you about.

First of all, I want to discuss a recent law suit in which the City of Albuquerque was involved. As many of you may know, every 10 years the United States Census is calculated. With this data, the City of Albuquerque is required to redraw its City Council districts. But because of a delay in receiving the census data, the new districts have not been drawn.
In response to this, the ACLU filed suit against the City of Albuquerque seeking the postponement of the October election so redistricting could occur.
District Court Judge Nan Nash issued an opinion disagreeing with the ACLU and ordering that the city election continue as planned.
In her opinion, Judge Nash believed that because the city election process has already started and public funding has been issued, “Enjoining the election until after the redistricting is completed would result in considerable expense, disruption and confusion.”
This means that the redistricting committee will still recommend the new City Council districts and present their plans to the City Council and Mayor for approval. After the new districts are approved, the district lines will then go into effect immediately. I agree with the Judge’s opinion and look forward to hearing the committee’s recommendations in the coming months.

Secondly, I am happy to report that our district is about to be the new owners of a dog park. The Landau Dog Park project has just begun excavation and the park is set to be completed by October of this year. The construction of this dog park will provide our neighbors with a place where they can go exercise their canine friends in a dog friendly environment. I believe dog parks are a valuable asset to our community and I am proud to announce this project. We still need a name for the park so if you have any ideas please let us know!

Finally, I want to update you on the successes of the road expansion of Eubank between Academy and Paseo Del Norte. Because of this road expansion, Albuquerque’s growing population is getting closer to being able to safely drive from Paseo Del Norte to Academy. Prior to the construction, this section of Eubank looked like a small road in a busy city. Now this section of Eubank is starting to look and function like the road it should be. In the past, this road used to have traffic delays and debris from flash floods. Once construction is finished, this section of road will have fewer problems due to flash flooding and will provide a safer commute for the citizens living and working in the area.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns about our district, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 768-3106 or by email at trudyjones@cabq.gov.

Trudy Jones

Admin
Admin

http://www.ComancheFoothills.org

Back to top Go down